Pack contains: 50 seeds
Beautiful large, deep orange, dahlia-like flowers. These striking plants are easy to grow and make a lovely addition to the cut flower garden. Lovely in a vase with other strong colours for an eye-catching display.
Sow March-April to flower in the mid-late summer through into autumn. They like full sun or light shade and well-drained soil. Tithonia Goldfinger is slightly shorter than some Tithonias but still grows to around 70cm tall and may benefit from staking.
Sow under cover onto dampened seed compost and cover lightly with vermiculite. Keep moist and at around 15-21 degrees to germinate. Germination can take up to 30 days so be patient!
Once large enough to handle the seedlings can be transplanted to small pots and grown on. Acclimatise slowly over a week or two before planting out when all risk of frost has passed.
- Sow March-April undercover onto dampened seed compost and cover lightly with vermiculite.
- Keep moist and warm (15-21 degrees)
- Germination can take up to 30 days
- Pot on when large enough to handle.
- Acclimatise and plant out once all risk of frost has passed
- Height 70cm. May need staking.