Pack contains: 40 seeds
Gaura Lindheimeri is commonly known as Beeblossom and it is truly magnificent. Beautiful, tall spires that have a multitude of small white (with a tinge of pink) flowers that move in the summer breeze like little fluttering butterflies.
The flowers froth everywhere and turn the garden into a romantic haven and a bee paradise. They are wonderful plants for lining pathways in a cottage garden and make lovely cut flowers, either alone or as a filler in bouquets.
Gaura is a perennial which can flower in its first year. They love full sun, being prarie plants. Mulching well can help with severe winters.
Sow the seeds in late winter or early spring onto moist, well-drained seed compost and keep somewhere warm. Germination can take 30 days so be patient! Once germinated they can be transplanted to small pots and grown on. Plant outside in late spring.
- Soak seeds in cooled black tea for 24 hours prior to sowing to aid germination
- Sow late winter/early spring onto moist, well-drained seed compost and keep somewhere warm
- Germination can take up to 30 days
- Once germinated transplant to pots and grow on
- Plant out in late spring
- Height 1.2m Space 60cm apart