Dazzling, bright, cheery, zingy and fun....all words that well describe these vibrant Zinnias. Shy retiring flowers they are not!
Rich colours and strong stems mean that these are just wonderful as cut flowers, brightening up any bouquet or posy.
They can grow to 75cm tall so will benefit from netting to grow through for support.
Sow under cover from April to plant outside from mid-May.
Zinnias hate root disturbance so don't let them get too big before you plant them out.
And they are sun worshippers....they absolutely have to have full sun, don't even think of planting them in the shade!
Keep picking the flowers and they will keep producing.
Zinnia (Mammoth) seeds
- Sow in April under cover to plant out in mid May
- Zinnias hate root disturbance so don't let the seedlings get too big before you transplant
- Thin plants to 20cm apart
- Need full sun
- Water regularly but do not over water
- Height 75cm so will benefit from netting to grow through for support