Ring of Fire chilli seeds
A quick-to-ripen, hot ‘Cayenne’ type that can be picked when either green or red - chillies are ready to pick around 100 days from sowing. ‘Ring of Fire’ is an attractive-looking upright bush, around 45cm high and very productive, producing masses of pods continuously just as long as they are regularly picked.
Sow seed into individual pots or modular trays in large winter or early spring.
Ring of Fire is a fiery treat eaten fresh and is great for slicing into hot dishes as well as salads, sandwiches and salsas. It is an ideal chilli for use in hot fruity sauces and, as a thin-walled chilli, it also dries very well to make flakes. The pods also freeze very well.
Chilli (Ring of Fire) seeds
- Scoville Rating: 70,000-80,000 SHU
- Species: Capsicum Annuum
- Usage: Long, thin scarlet pods, 1cm wide and up to 7cm long, that ripen from bottle green to bright red
- All seeds are germination trialled
- Seeds are supplied in bio-degradable/recyclable packaging
- Sow Feb to May in a seed tray and keep at 20˚until germinated
- Keep moist but do not overwater
- When the plant has two true leaves, transplant to a larger pot
- Chilli plants benefit from full sun