Onion Red Baron seeds
Produces beautiful, dark red bulbs with a strong flavour and pretty red rimmed flesh.
Easy to grow, an excellent cropper and stores well.
Sow March-April where they are to crop. Sow 1.5cm deep into soil that has already been watered. Allow 30cm between rows.
Or you can sow indoors from Jan-April 0.5cm deep into modules and water well. Keep moist and at a temperature of 15-20 degrees. Transplant to other trays once large enough to handle.
Acclimatise before planting out 23cm apart in May.
Onion (Red Baron) seeds
- Sow early spring indoors / heated greenhouse 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors
- Can be sown directly when ground has warmed in mid-late spring, at 2-3 seeds per inch
- Thin to 5 inches apart when plants are 6 inches tall
- Sow Jan-April indoors. 0.5cm deep into trays of seed compost
- Keep moist and at 15-20 degrees until germinated
- Transplant to larger trays when seedlings large enough to handle, grow on and acclimatise before planting out in May
- Or sow direct where they are to crop in April 1.5cm deep into soil that has already been watered. Thin to 23cm apart.