Larkspur is to me one of the quintessential cottage garden flowers. Tall, gorgeous flower colours and feathery foliage means it's indispensable as a cut flower.
Sow these directly into the soil between September and October or April to May, cover the seeds very lightly with soil and keep moist. It's worth popping the seeds into the fridge for a week or so before sowing to aid germination.
It's a good idea to grow through netting to give support so that a strong wind doesn't blow them flat.
- Put the seeds in the fridge for one week before sowing
- Sow September - October or April - May directly into soil
- Lightly cover the seeds and keep moist
- Seed germination approx 14-21 days
- Hardy Annual
- Requires support
- All seeds are germination trialled to give best results
- All packaging is recyclable or compostable