I have a love affair going on with Hollyhocks, I can never,ever have too many of them . Majestic spires and beautiful colours.... a true country cottage favourite to me, the butterflies and the bees!
I find it best to sow the seeds in June into seed trays, pot on when bigger and them plant out into the garden in September to flower the following late spring/early summer. You can just sow them directly into position in May/June if you prefer. Cover the seeds only very lightly as they need light to germinate. These are tall plants and need space so place 2 feet apart when planting out. Grow them up against walls and fences or stake them to protect from the wind.
- Sow in June into seed trays to plant out in September
- Likes full sun and well-drained soil
- Germination approx 10-14 days
- All our seeds are tested for germination
- Packaging provided is recyclable or compostable