Marketmore is a reliable, heavy cropping cucumber and is suitable for growing outside.
It has a delicious flavour and a crisp texture.
Pick and eat when the fruits are small or leave them to grow large, long and dark green. Harvest from July to September.
Sow March-May 0.5cm deep into small pots of compost. Water well and keep at around 21 degrees. Germination will take 7-14 days.
When the plant has 3 or 4 leaves, transplant to a larger pot and grow on in cooler, but not cold conditions.
Acclimatise and then plant outside once all risk of frost has passed in May or June.
These plants will grow to 3m and will need support to keep them off the ground.
Cucumber (Marketmore) seeds
- Sow March-May 0.5cm deep in pots of compost
- Keep moist and warm (21 degrees)
- Once plant has 3 or 4 leaves transplant to a larger pot and grow on in cooler (but not cold) conditions
- Acclimatise before planting out in May or June
- Support is needed. Plants can be 3m in height.
- Feed with a tomato feed once a week when tiny fruits appear