Brussels Sprouts (Evesham Special) seeds
This is a great Brussels sprout for exposed sites and smaller gardens as it only grows to around 60cm in height.
It's ready early in the season....from September- Christmas and has lovely, densely packed, firm and delicious sprouts.
They require a free-draining and stone-free site and prefer partial shade.
Brussels sprout (Evesham Special) seeds
- Sow the seeds from thinly late Feb - end April
- Germination will occur in 7 - 12 days
- When plants are appx 4 - 5 " high transplant to open ground
- Space the plants Appx 16 " apart
- Wider spacing will encourage a longer cropping period
- Sow in spring to harvest in winter or sow in autumn to harvest in late spring
- Sow in modules under glass. Sow thinly 1.25cm deep and transplant when around 7cm tall
- Water the day before transplanting and keep well-watered until established
- Space 75cm apart