These Asters are definitely a bit of a show off! Flouncy, with incurved petals in vivid colours, they are loud, excitable, over the top and I just love them.
They make the most wonderful flowers either for enjoying in the garden or for cut flowers to bring into the house and t sit and soak up the sheer vibrancy of them.
These decadent, chrysanthemum-like blooms flower a little later than some Asters, from mid summer through to the autumn, so they will help extend the flower season in your garden.
Aster (Duchess) seeds
- Sow March-May 0.5cm deep in seed trays or modules and keep warm to germinate.
- Germination takes 14-21 days
- Or sow directly outdoors where they are to grow in May for later flowering
- If sowing indoors, transplant when large enough to handle and grow on in cooler conditions
- Harden off before planting outside after all risk of frost has passed
- Height 60cm