Aji Delight Chilli seeds
Is a chilli with no heat, really a chilli or actually a pepper?
This variety is a real rarity. Aji Delight has a full baccatum flavour, but no heat. The plant is vigorous, easily grown, and produces a huge crop of good size bullet shaped red chillies. The delicious chillies are fairly thick walled and ideal for adding a new flavour to salads or as a garnish to a whole range of dishes. In fact, they can be used with advantage to replace bell peppers in the kitchen.
Chilli (Aji Delight) seeds
- Heat Level: 500 Scoville Units (Sweet & Mild)
- Species: Capsicuum Baccatum
- Origin: Peru
- Pod Description:Expect huge crops of large 7.5 - 10cm bullet-shaped peppers, which start off green and ripen to red. Pods are edible at all stages.
- All seeds are germination trialled
- Seeds are supplied in bio-degradable/recyclable packaging
- Sow a few seeds into a tray in late February to May and cover lightly with seed compost
- Either use a heated propagator or pop the seed tray into an enclosed plastic bag and seal and place on a windowsill
- Once the seedling has produced two true leaves (second set of leaves) they can be transplanted into individual pots
- Try and maintain around 20-25 degrees while young plants
- As the plant grows, transplant into as large a pot as allows, this will determine the size of the plant
- Once the plant has flowered and has started to produce small chillies, it will benefit from a feed of either comfrey tea or tomato feed
- Chillies dislike irregular watering as this will sometimes cause blossom end rot (the base of the chilli/pepper rots)